Everybody loves a burger. Even vegetarians and vegans must love their version of burgers – made of veggies, soy meat, quinoa or legumes. But this guy is not suitable for those ones. This one is for carnivores. The best beef burger I know is made of beef by itself. No egg, no breadcrumbs, no ketchup. This is essential – you want to enjoy a burger, not a meatball.
Have you ever wondered how the name “hamburger” was made? Its origins is in the German city Hamburg – native of Hamburg is Hamburger. Also an adjective for this word is hamburger. In 1884 there was a hamburg steak. Thanks to an immense German immigration to the USA, the sandwich with grilled hamburger patty was brought to America. Shorter word “burger” for a meat patty is used for almost 80 years.
- 300 g beef shin
- 30 g beef suet
- salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- Ground meat with lard.
- Using your hands, shape meat into two 2 cm high patties. Make a well in a centre with your finger.
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Grill the burgers for 4 mins on every side.
- Transfer the burgers to a platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper.